Hochschule Düsseldorf being university partner in the ELIC project conducted two focus interviews (08.01 and 19.01.2018) to support the development of IO1 – Needs an GAP Analysis. It was the main aim to identify the needs in terms of the planned online training through a MOOC from various target groups such as secondary school teachers, educators and local authorities for engineering literacy in STEM subjects.
- Teacher are open and also motivated to take trainings, but they need to receive the necessary time and budget from their Bundesland/schools (Pascal Gymnasium is a rare special case).
- There is a need to find more encouraging training methods for girls.
- Especially taking into consideration the 16 different Bundesländer of Germany, which complexity we cannot change, it would be great to offer one single platform for schools, teachers as well as families with all kind of possible trainings/ideas for MINT/STEM subjects.
- Adrian Lehrmann: Secondary school MINT Teacher at Pascal-Gymnasium Grevenbroich for the subjects: informatics, mathematics, physics
- Dr. Christine Welter: Secondary school MINT Teacher at Pascal-Gymnasium Grevenbroich for the subjects: biology, chemistry
- Fritz Neußer: Former school director, referent for technical education at VDI Verein Deutscher Ingenieure e.V., project leader for the VDI-Zukunftspiloten (regularly offers for pupils to practice MINT projects zukunftspiloten.vdi.de.)
- Ekkehard Hostert: ZDI “Future by Innovation”, Stiftung PRO AUSBILDUNG/ zdi-Netzwerk MINT Düsseldorf i.G. regional center to offer STEM/MINT activities to pupils of secondary schools
- Ulli Poggel: Secondary school MINT Teacher with 30 years of experience at Walter-Eucken-Berufskolleg Düsseldorf for the subject Physics, also helping pupils in making decisions for learning a profession
- Prof. Jörg Niemann: Researcher / Prof. from Hochschule Düsseldorf
- Claudia Fussenecker: Researcher from Hochschule Düsseldorf
- Martin Schlösser: Researcher from Hochschule Düsseldorf
- Maria Cardaci: Research assistant from Hochschule Düsseldorf